Monday, March 21, 2011

The Chief Cornerstone...

Yesterday in Church my Father spoke from I Peter 2 about making Christ the chief cornerstone in our life. This was really a great reminder. If you've ever dealt with construction and homebuilding you know the importance of the foundation. Everything you do the rest of the way will only go smooth if the foundation is secure and properly aligned. This is what Jesus does with our life when we make him the "chief cornerstone."

Ask yourself this, "Is Jesus really the cornerstone that shapes everything else in my life?" Not just for salvation, for everything. My decisions, my relationship, my finances, my hobbies, all should be based on the solid rock, Jesus Christ.

It's my prayer that you and I can take each day as an opportunity to grow in our faith. No matter what type of storms comes our way (they always do come) with our house built upon The Rock, we know we can withstand any storm and praise the Lord through it all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment